Written by Administrator
Wednesday, 22 December 2010 13:12
Chapter 1 on the new Tough Smart Marquee(TSM) smart box Message Controllers from Uticor.
The message controller reads the values from connected PLC(s), evaluates programmed conditions, and sends to connected marquee(s) messages which satisfy conditions for display. This is all done
without making any changes to PLC ladder logic.
The TSM Message controller supports a variety of PLC communication protocols
allowing it to communicate with most of the popular PLCs available in the market.
These include serial protocols like Modbus, DF1, DH485 EZ etc, and network
protocols such as Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP and GE SRTP.
The Message controller can drive one or multiple marquees. A single marquee can
be driven using a 9-pin RS232 port on the message controller. Multiple marquees can
be connected on the Ethernet port, or on serial port using a 232 to 422 converter.
The Message Controller is housed in a compact, industrial grade plastic ventilated
housing and is intended for indoor use only. It has a steel back plate with 4 mounting
holes that can be used to mount the controller on the rear of the marquee or at a
remote mounting panel location.
TSM Message Controller has following features:
- User programmable Message controller is used with Uticor Slave marquees
- The user programs the messages and the corresponding conditions under which messages should be displayed on connected slave marquees
- Messages can be sent to a single marquee, a group of marquees or broadcast
- Power up messages (only displayed once) and event triggered messages
- Connectivity to most of the popular PLC brands, using serial or Ethernet protocols
Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 December 2010 14:52